Project Flooring UK Ltd operates a floor replacement & installation company covering the South of England.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of Project Flooring UK Ltd’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice;
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water;
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources;
- Recycling all recyclable waste materials & fluids (where technology allows);
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner with licensed waste carriers & recyclers;
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture,
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders;
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation;
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
Our Environmental Objectives Include:
- Recycle all recyclable products such as stationary, cans & ink cartridges where possible.
- Dispose of all non recyclable products through licensed disposal companies according to the current waste regulations.
- Ensure all energy efficient appliances are used for energy efficiency.
- Maintain all vehicles to ensure their optimum performance saving fuel, emissions, & reduce wastage.
- Ensure vehicle noise pollution is kept to a minimum with regular servicing.
- Train drivers to impose vehicle sympathy (use less fuel, optimise tyre, brake & clutch use etc.)
- Use effective route planning to save on fuel & vehicle emissions.
The policy statement will be regularly reviewed and update as necessary. The Directors of the organisation endorse this policy statement and is fully committed to its implementation.